Custom Search

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

New Day

Got a wake up call today...I knew in the back of my mind that I was sitting too much, eating too much and not getting enough exercise, but there is nothing like getting on the scale during a checkup at the doctor's office to drive it home how much damage needs to be undone. Otherwise I am very healthy, super good blood pressure, no illnesses, but I know that the extra weight is bad for my body in more than just a psychological way...it can lead to so many more problems so it is time to kick it into high gear.
Good thing that this morning, I only had my one cup of coffee, water, vitamins and protein drink with fruit...at least I can say that I started back on track first thing without even realizing it was a start. Plan for some steamed fish and veggies with hot tea for lunch. Need to get to the grocery store to stock up on salad fixings since I ate the last of it last night.
One of the biggest changes, that I think will help me get moving more and motivated to knock out some other tasks is turning off the TV. I sometimes just have it on for background noise, but I am thinking the radio or my ipod is going to be the way to go for now on...it is too easy to get sucked into sedentary tasks when the TV is on...second biggest thing is that the weather has warmed up and that makes getting outside for exercise much more appealing...

No comments: