Custom Search

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rationality

My idea for this blog came from my need to log my activities and food in my quest to get more fit before Christmas.

I felt like Christmas was a good marker to go for at this time, being about 10 weeks out. I have a family trip at that time and would like the added benefit of being in better shape when I go.

I usually log my food when I am embarking on a new goal in my day calendar but it gets crowded there and my regular blog didn't seem like the place so here we are.

I invited my sister to contribute on this blog since she has fitness goals of her own and I thought we might be able to keep ourselves motivated. We are not setting any kind of guidelines to what can and can't be included here, it is whatever each of us needs it to be. I like to track my workouts and food, makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. I also like somewhere that I can voice feelings, opinions and interesting things I might come across without sounding like I know everything or am hoping for a pity party. My sister will use it however it works best for her, it could be a sounding board for both of us, who knows.

But since I started this new "adventure" on Monday this week and it is already almost Wednesday and I haven't logged anything, I figured it was time to get going. We'll see where this trail leads us, I figure any fitness is better than none at all.

No comments: