Custom Search

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Chicken's Stats for Starters

I've struggled with weight loss for quite a while now. I've given up a few times but always felt unhealthy and unhappy so I'd get back on track. Here is a rough time line of my struggle:

A few years ago I weighed 256 pounds. I was huge. After being unhappy with my body for a couple of years I decided to do something. My friend suggested a low carb diet as it had worked for her.

After eating a strict low carb diet and eventually adding exercise after a year I weighed in at 186. Since then I've been slacking. I gained a few pounds here and there because I was cheating on my diet. If I hadn't continued exercising I would be in much worse shape now.

I went to the doctor and weighed in at 201 a few months ago. Two and a half weeks ago I weighed in at 213. My doctor thought it might have something to do with my medication. She suggested that I return to my strict diet and see her in two weeks. Even though I hadn't gone back to the 256 mark I felt like I lost some serious ground.

Two weeks later weighed in at 210 (a weight loss of 3 pounds) and was pretty disappointed. She thought that I did well and encouraged me to continue with my diet and increase my exercise.

This morning I weighed myself and the scale read 205.5. That's 7.5 pounds total since my visit with my doctor.

Goal: Like my sister I want to be more fit by Christmas.

What I'm doing now: I am not drinking alcohol. I am back on my strict diet. I'm continuing my exercise routine.

What I need to do: Increase exercise by joining water aerobics class. Lift free weights at home. Be more active on the weekends.

2 comments:

... said...

That sounds like an awesome start and I am so happy for you that you have already lost so much weight.

I know that helps keep the motivation up and that is what is really important I think. Sticking with it, and seeing results is so instrumental to that, don't you think?

Chicken said...

When I see results it makes it a lot easier. I have more energy and feel better in the mornings which also helps.